So you’re looking for the perfect pair of sunglasses to compliment all of your great features, where do you start? First and foremost, picking sunglasses is a daunting task because there are so many options to choose from! Designer frames ranging from retro and cat eye frames to aviators and oversized frames, the options are endless. It can be a bit overwhelming to find the right eyeglasses. Now, what about picking the perfect sunglasses for your unique face shape? This is an entirely different ball game. Understanding your face shape and which glasses or optical frames will best compliment your features narrows down your options immensely. Below we’ll show you what we mean and help get you ready to find your perfect fashion eyewear frames and prescription glasses.
Sunglasses For Your Face Shape
- Round Face: The jawline and forehead are more narrow and the cheekbones are the widest part of the face. In order balance curves, consider getting rectangular or oversized frames that are wider than your cheekbones.
- Square Face: Characteristics for a square face are wide on the forehead and cheekbones with a strong jawline. Finding frames that have rounded edges and are more circular will help soften up the jawline.
- Oblong Face: An oblong face has elongated features from the forehead down to the chin with narrow cheeks and prominent chin. The best optical frames to offset length are round, cat eye frames.
- Diamond Face: These face shapes have a wide forehead with high set cheekbones. This face shape is closely related to a heart shape. The best frames to compliment features are retro, rectangular frames.
- Oval Face: Oval faces have prominent cheek bones and are pretty symmetrical. Oval faces are considered ideal as most frames work well with this face shape.
- Triangle Face: The widest part starts at the forehead, and then narrows at the jawline to a pointed, prominent chin. Raindrop shaped frames or aviators are the perfect frames to help balance your face shape.